No products in the cart.
Amana Tool 46280 CNC
Amana Tool 46280 CNC 2D and 3D Carving 6.2 Deg Tapered Angle Ball Nose x 1/32 D x 1/64 R x 1 CH x 1/4 SHK x 3 Inch Long x 3 Flute SC ZrN Coated Upcut Router Bit
1 in stock (can be backordered)
Up-Cut Ball Nose for Superior Chip Ejection
Amana Tool®’s Modern Materials Finishing Geometry (MMFG) incorporates high shear, multi-flute and a Zirconium Nitride (ZrN) Coating designed for the ultimate combination of strength, finish and tool longevity in aerospace materials. Modern-day materials present challenges to the fabricator, using these special multi-flute edge tools featuring ZrN ceramic coating addresses these challenges with a winning geometry combination.
- A perfect bit for 3D carving
- 2D and 3D contouring, profiling, modeling and pattern making for cabinetry, sign making, furniture making and jewelry mold making
- Dimensional signage
- 3D millwork
- Precision 2D and 3D large scale carving
- Great for deep profiling
- Perfect for model-makers on large 3D milling profiles in abrasive EPS foam and other materials
Benefits of ZrN Coating:
- Creates incredibly precise detail work
- Optimized flute geometry and low Total Indicated Runout (TIR) guarantees clean cuts, essentially eliminates sanding and reduces chatter when used with low TIR spindles
- Creates a harder and tougher cutting ceramic over carbide edge, allowing for a prolonged cutting edge life and helps to prevent the build-up/galling of material in the flutes while cutting
- PVD ceramic hardcoat designed for soft, gummy and abrasive materials
- High aspect ratio for single pass deep-reach cutting
- High flute volume supports high feed rates and chip loads. Has the ability to run and/or be spun much faster than uncoated tools
- Flute geometry optimized for cutting sign foam, sign board, hardwoods, thermoplastics and phenolic composites
Excellent for cutting:
- Acrylonitrile-Butadiene-Styrene (ABS)
- Acrylic Stone
- Ethylene-vinyl Acetate Foam (EVA)
- Expanded Polystyrene Foam (EPS)
- Expanded Polypropylene (EPP)**
- Extruded Polystyrene Foam (XPS)
- Fiberglass PCB Board
- Foam Board
- 20lbs High Density Urethane
- Polyethylene (PE) Foam*
- Phenolic Composites
- Polycarbonate (Lexan™)
- Poly (methyl methacrylate) (PMMA)
- Polyethylene (PE) Foam***
- Polyurethane Foam
- PVC Foam Board
- Sign Board
- Sign Foam
- Tooling Board
- XPE (Cross Linked Polyethylene) Foam
WARNING! Never attempt to cut ferrous metals with these bits. Inspect cut quality and adjust feed / speed accordingly.
Note: Tools are manufactured with high balance, that allows them to run up to 60,000 RPM. Adjust your chip load and feed rate accordingly.For optimal results and extended tool life use mist lubricant system or air cooling.
Milling Plastics: In a milling application, all plastics tend to behave differently so attention must be paid first and foremost to heat input, as that greatly impacts surface finish and chip control. Some of Amana Tool carving tools, as you can appreciate has a very small diameter and so any material chip-loads need to reflect that small size. It can however withstand RPM’s up to 60,000 RPMs. A directed air-blast to keep chips away along with cooling the tool and work piece are always welcome. Suggested starting spindle speed might be 18,000 RPM, there needs to be some experimenting on the part of the programmer to best find an acceptable finish.
Cutting materials such as HDPE and Plastics its highly recommended to direct an air blast at the router bit to help keep the material cool while clearing away fragments from the cutting area. If possible run a high chip load in the order of .005″ and up, per flute. Running your CNC machine at the rate of 10,000 RPM x 2 flutes x .005″ per flute equals 100 inches per minute feed rate. When cutting plastics it is expected to experience some burring on top edge.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.