Amana Tool 46094-K
Amana Tool®’s Modern Materials Finishing Geometry (MMFG) incorporates high shear, multi-fluting and Spektra Extreme Tool Life Coating designed for the ultimate combination of finish and tool longevity in aerospace materials. Modern-day materials present challenges to the fabricator, using Amana Tool’s special, multi-flute edge tool featuring Spektra™ coating, addresses these challenges with a winning geometry combination.
Excellent for cutting:
- Acrylic Stone
- Acrylonitrile-Butadiene-Styrene (ABS)
- Carbon Fiber Reinforced Polymer (CFRP)
- Fiberglass PCB Board
- High Impact Polystyrene (HIPS)
- Polycarbonate (Lexan™)
- Low Density Polyethylene (LDPE)
- Poly (methyl methacrylate) (PMMA)
- Polyethylene Terephthalate Glycol-Modified (PETG / PET-G)
- Thermoplastic Polyolefin (TPO)
- *Coroplast® is soft plastic cardboard made with super soft, super flexible PVC.
Recommendation: Use the slowest suggested feed rates and the shortest bits necessary for cutting and routing Lexan™
Spektra™ bits feature a nACo® nanocomposite coating with an extreme nanohardness and heat resistance. With a brilliant, distinctively-tinted coloring, nACo provides additional improvements in four critical aspects of router tooling.
- nACo coating is an micro-thin ceramic coating which enables the tool’s cutting edge to retain crucial sharpness and lubricity. This provides longevity and produces cutting results of the highest quality.
- Coatings prevents high heat and oxidation which is detrimental to cutting tool performance.
- Multi-colored hues, while attractive, will dissipate upon use and yet coating will remain fully effective.
- nACo offers approximately 4,500 Vickers for impressive solid hardness on cutting areas of the tool, for an increase up to 2.5 times compared to uncoated bits.
Note: Blue based color dissipates immediately upon use. nACo® nanocomposite coating will not wear off.